General News

Houses, structures burnt as Operation Halt II set excavators ablaze

Operation Halt II

Some houses and structures at Ntoboroso in the Atwima Mponua District of the Ashanti region have burnt after the Anti-galamsey taskforce, Operation Halt II team set ablaze some excavators parked in the community.

The incident occurred today, Wednesday, 23 February 2022 during the operation of the task force in the District to fight the illegal galamsey activities.

See also  CEO of Charterhouse Still Angry At Shatta Wale; Blasts Shatta Wale Again For Destroying Last Year’s VGMAS

The Assembly Member for the area, Mr. Charles E.K Nsiah told Class News’ Elisha Adarkwah that the houses were close to the area where the excavators were parked and for that reason, the fuel which was in the excavators traveled to the houses and caught fire.

He said about four houses were burnt including the house of the owner of the excavators which were burnt.

See also  World Cancer Day: I dodged operation 8 times out of fear - Breast Cancer Victim

One of the townsfolk, Mr. Nsiah said, sustained injuries and has been rushed to hospital after one of the soldiers allegedly hit him with the butt of his gun.

He, however, indicated that the angry residents pelted and chased away the DCE for the area, Isaac Kofi Marfo who came to the community during the incident.

See also  HOT VIDEO: Kofi Adams reveals the other side of Rawlings

Mr. Nsiah said the fire service personnel who were deployed to the community to fight the blaze were not spared as they were also pelted with clubs and chased away.

Source: Classfmonline.com

sharethis sharing button
facebook sharing button
twitter sharing button
whatsapp sharing button